More About NASP South Africa
NASP-SA is managed on three levels namely strategic,
operational and tactical as indicated below:
On the national level the programme is managed by a board of directors
The provinces/regions are managed by provincial committees chaired by the provincial coordinator.
NASP-SA UNITS such as schools, clubs, branches and churches are managed by their individual committees.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY NASP-SA
The services provided by NASP-SA are to:
- introduce the youth of South Africa to the sport of archery;
- initiate, plan, facilitate and implement archery programmes for the youth of South Africa also serving schools in less privileged communities;
- initiate, plan, facilitate, and implement projects focused on providing infrastructure and equipment to present the archery activities on a local, regional as well as national level;
- initiate, plan, facilitate, and implement projects focused on recruiting and training Basic Archery Instructors (BAI) and Basic Archery Instructor Trainers (BAIT) on a local, regional as well as national level;
- initiate, plan, facilitate, and implement archery activities and competitions amongst the youth on a local, regional, national level as well as international level, and
- initiate, implement, and promote programmes to enhance the youth of South Africa's participation in responsible outdoor activities.
SUSTAINABILITY OF NASP AS A PROGRAMME
The sustainability of NASP-SA's approach is ensured by a 'Top-to-Bottom' leadership approach on all levels: